The holidays are fast approaching! I simply cannot believe how fast the year is going by– it's almost time for Junior State of America's Fall State Convention!

In addition to anticipating spending time reconnecting with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday, I am very much looking forward to spending the upcoming weekend with other members of my JSA chapter at our fall conference in Columbus, Ohio. The theme for this years Fall State convention is Liberty and Justice for All, a very timely as well as timeless topic, if I must say so. It is going to be a great weekend of debate and discussion both formally and informally on topics such as the Second Amendment, Free speech, Internet privacy, etc. These are all topics that I have a great deal of familiarity with from my years of participating in speech and debate. I have also had the opportunity to speak on the topic of free speech at The City Club of Cleveland last year as I was lucky enough to win the annual Free Speech essay contest. I really love the chance to get together with students from not only Ohio, but also from neighboring states to discuss these very important issues. I find that most students who attend Junior State of America events are very versed in current events and love to, like me, spend hours talking on a range of though provoking topics.  It should be a great weekend! 

Time to do homework!

Best!
Ryan

Comments

Popular Posts