Ohio Attorney General Teen Ambassador Board



Me and the OAG:


This past week I had the opportunity to travel to Columbus, Ohio as a participant of the Ohio Attorney General's Teen Ambassador Board. Along with other like-minded teens, I was able to tour the Attorney General's Office, listen to keynote speakers regarding policy in Ohio, and learn about the multiple career paths that those involved with the Attorney General's office can take. I was especially interested in the focus groups regarding the opioid epidemic as this is an issue that is of particular interest to me. Combating the use of opioids here in Ohio needs to be a priority and it is one issue that the Teen Ambassador Board is focusing on this year. Opioid use in Ohio has skyrocketed and we need to take action! It is such a shame that so many teens and young adults are affected by opioids and this is something I am excited to be working on with my government officials.

As an update, I have decided to write one of my senior year thesis papers on the topic of Ohio's Opioid Epidemic (Yes, I chose to write 2 thesis papers...)  I am beginning my research now, working with the Ohio Attorney General's office and conducting independent research on this topic.


 .    

Here I am in the Ohio Statehouse!






Comments

Popular Posts