AG Bell Convention 2018


AG Bell 2018:


Happy July! I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had over these past few days to attend the Alexander Graham Bell Convention in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was able to connect with friends, forge new friendships, and learn about the multitude of ways in which others are aiding the hearing impaired community. My favorite part of the weekend was definitely meeting so many hippkids! I am elated that I was able to share my pen pal program received such a positive response from parents, professionals and children alike! I had the amazing opportunity to meet Mr. Justin Osmond of THE Osmond family! As a keynote speaker at the Chairman's Awards Dinner, Mr. Osmond shared his inspiring and motivational life story that you can read more about here. Justin Osmond is a true role model, having hearing loss himself he is the perfect spokesperson and so inspirational in his message of helping others with hearing loss. I learned so much over these few days, and I would certainly recommend attending an AG Bell Convention in the future if possible, or at least connecting with the organization through their website, social media, or a local state chapter. The Alexander Graham Bell Association works tirelessly to support hearing impaired people world-wide. It is a tremendous resource for families, the first place my family turned to and I am proud to support them!


Mr. Justin Osmond, Dr. Stacy Lim, and I.



Hippkids featured in the program book!



Mr. Osmond, Dr. Donald Goldberg and I. I am forever grateful for Dr. Goldberg's presence in my life, he was instrumental in my sisters learning to listen and speak!




I am proud to be a sponsor!

Comments

Popular Posts